Publication date: 17 April 2023
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Qualasept Limited is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2045.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Current Emissions Reporting
Emissions reduction targets
This year we have completed our first assessment of our carbon footprint to include the Scope 3 elements of a Carbon Reduction Plan.
Our ultimate goal is to achieve Net Zero before 2050 targeting 2045, by means of future potential carbon reduction activities and milestone targets. We recognise that this may require research and investment so have applied conservative annual reductions with major step changes every 5 years.
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 3,506 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 20%.
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented during the 2022 baseline / reporting year. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes was evaluated at the project design stage to support the implementation but not possible to accurately measure once in place. The reduction measures will remain in effect when performing the contract.
Carbon Reduction Projects have included:
During the reporting year, the organisation has installed and operated air source heat pumps as replacements to the previous water heating system. Carbon reduction was assured through thorough equipment selection and system design but without sufficient internal energy metering infrastructure, has not been measured or quantified.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Engaging with 1st Tier suppliers and downstream logistics service providers to improve the logistics carbon footprint data calculation.
- Develop proposals for achieving reduced emissions in upstream and downstream deliveries as part of initial 5-year plan.
- Energy Audits (as part of Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme [ESOS] Regulations) to identify potential carbon reduction themes.
- Introduction of internal energy metering system to enable targeted energy usage monitoring to support energy efficiency improvements.
- Evaluation of potential renewable energy projects, carbon offsetting and alternative fuel solutions
- Review and update of policies related to business travel, company car provision and logistics and distribution contracts.
- Survey of employee commuting needs to enable development of Green Travel & Commuting initiatives.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).